Hot Artichoke Dip

This is my mother in law’s recipe for hot artichoke dip, so I can’t take any of the credit here. The first time I tried it was before Thanksgiving dinner at the in-law’s several years ago, and I admit that I was reluctant to since I’d never had artichokes before. However, not only did I fall in love with artichokes, I fell in love with this dip. Now, I like to make it every year around Thanksgiving time. We’re talking major comfort food, people. Serve this as an appetizer before Thanksgiving dinner, or just because!

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop up the artichoke hearts.

Beat together the cream cheese, mayo, chopped artichoke hearts, cheese, and garlic powder.

Spoon into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish.

Sprinkle the crushed croutons or crackers over the top.

Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with extra crackers, pita chips/bread, tortilla chips – whatever you like dipping with!

Posted by on November 4, 2009.

Categories: appetizers

1. Looks delish. Love it and will have to try it soon. Great for the holidays!

by Renee on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:28 am

2. I think my father-in-law gave me this same recipe, but I’ve never made it because I never have things like cans of artichoke hearts on hand. Or cream cheese, if you can believe it. And I keep hoping he’ll just make it again, because it’s really, really good.

by Small Town Runner Karen on Nov 4, 2009 at 6:13 pm

3. Sounds delicious! I love dip recipes 🙂

by Miss Dot on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:25 pm

4. this looks great! I make a very similar dip that I add chopped jalapenos to. I haven’t made it in ages cuz I end up pigging out on it and making it a meal!! I think I like the idea of adding the cream cheese instead of the sour cream in my recipe.

by Danielle on Nov 5, 2009 at 12:13 am

5. Looks great! I will have to keep this in mind for the holidays.

by Woman with a Whisk on Nov 5, 2009 at 9:50 am

6. Looks like something I’ll try! My sister-n-law made a similar dip years ago and I have been thinking about artichoke dip ever since…..just hadn’t gotten around to finding a recipe. Perfect! Thanks for sharing it! Chris Ann

by LoveFeast Table on Nov 5, 2009 at 9:53 am

7. I love artichoke dip!!!! It was great seeing you at the BASIC conference. I am now going to purchase the “healthy bread book.” It was great chatting with you there.

by G. on Nov 5, 2009 at 11:31 am

8. Tracy, you are reading my mind! I was just looking for an artichoke dip last night!

by Michelle on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:45 pm

9. I’m making this for a Thanksgiving appetizer…Can’t wait.

by G. on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:53 pm