Pumpkin Cupcakes

Happy Halloween! My final post for the #GreatHallowTweet bloghop also doubles as my post for this month’s Flavor of the Month, which is pumpkin. So, I give you these pumpkin cupcakes, all dressed up for Halloween! I took a tray of these to work on Thursday, and they were gone in an instant. You can make these for your Halloween party this weekend, get your kids to help you decorate them, or make them and hand them out to trick-or-treaters. And if you’re left with any, they’re perfect for breakfast the next day. Be safe, and enjoy the holiday!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans (24 cupcakes) with paper liners. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter.

Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin.

Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Remove to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.

Frost with your favorite frosting (I used buttercream), and go crazy with the decorations!

Posted by on October 31, 2009.

Tags: , , ,

1. I like your pumpkin cupcakes, as they are both flavor and color specific to our hallowed halloween season. 🙂

by Chou on Oct 31, 2009 at 12:32 am

2. Pumpkin CUPCAKES!!! I am trick-or-treating at your house!!! And they are decorated so cute!!! Love the eyeballs & the spiders especially!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:48 am

3. Cute! I love the cupcake papers and the frosting decorations.

by Jelli on Oct 31, 2009 at 9:47 am

4. How cute! are those! And they sound scrumptious, too! If we’re picking favorites, I have to go with the cats, of course. 🙂

Thanks for playing #GreatHallowTweet, Tracy. You’ve been an awesome contributor, all week long! Mmwwah!

by RJ on Oct 31, 2009 at 9:49 am

5. Cute and yummy!! PERFECT!!
    Thanks for sharing!?

by TidyMom on Oct 31, 2009 at 10:22 am

6. These are gorgeous! I would almost hate to eat one, they are so pretty. But, as they sound delicious, too, perhaps it wouldn’t be so hard to do afterall. Had to laugh at your name change for the GreatHallowTweet bloghop…I just did the same to TasteStopping (just for today). It has been a lot of fun to participate. Can’t wait until next Halloween!

Best,
    Casey

by TasteSpooking on Oct 31, 2009 at 11:09 am

7. Great effort & beautiful cupcakes. This is a gorgeous post. PERFECT!!

by deeba on Oct 31, 2009 at 11:41 am

8. Everything you’ve made for the #GreatHallowTweet has been amazing and looks absolutely DECADENT! 🙂 Great to “meet” you through the tweet. 🙂

by ShelleyBakes on Oct 31, 2009 at 11:47 am

9. those are just the cutest thing! I bet my girls would love pumpkin cupcakes

by Danielle on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:33 pm

10. Ohh, what a beautiful blog! You’re gettin’ added to my list!

by Maxi Fortend (Kelly) on Nov 2, 2009 at 9:20 am

11. Would you believe we STILL haven’t purchased any pumpkin this year? I’m dying here. Next year I’m just going to have to grow pumpkins.

by Small Town Runner Karen on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:48 am