Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting

To lessen the blow of my Daring Baker fail this month, I wanted to post again for the #GreatHallowTweet bloghop hosted by Renee! I made this cake for my family when they were visiting a couple weekends ago (and made them take it home with them so that I didn’t eat the whole thing). It’s perfectly delicious plain, or lightly dusted with some powdered sugar…but I couldn’t help myself and made a pumpkin buttercream frosting, which I spread on haphazardly for a more casual look (and okay, because I was hungry).

Taking a bite of this cake was like taking a bite of autumn. If you’re craving pumpkin, try this today – you won’t be disappointed. And be sure to follow the links in my sidebar to see more Halloween treats from other great bloggers!

Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bundt pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.

In another medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk, and vanilla.

Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in the eggs one at a time.

Alternately add in the wet and dry ingredients, beating until the batter is smooth.

Pour the batter into the bundt pan, spreading evenly.

Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before inverting and removing the cake.  Meanwhile, make the frosting. Cream the butter and shortening together. Add in the pumpkin and cinnamon, beating until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Color as desired.

Cool the cake completely before frosting.

Posted by on October 27, 2009.

Tags: , ,

1. Mmm I’m thinking this needs to be made this weekend :) Guess I’ll be getting out my bundt pan on Sunday :) Yay fall!

by Sandy Ransom on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm

2. Mmmm! I want a piece!

by Maria on Oct 27, 2009 at 4:37 pm

3. Yum! I love pumpkin… Looks so delicious.

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:05 pm

4. We have lost our Bundt pan. How do you lose a Bundt pan? No idea. It’s probably with our food processor and my pink sports bra, which have also been missing for a year or two. I don’t understand it at all. But when I get a Bundt pan, THIS will be on my list of things to make!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:58 am

5. Excellent way to redeem yourself, though I’m still unsure that any redemption was truly necessary ;) As a side note, I **just** noticed that your header is all Halloween-ed out. How cute! Nice touch :)

by Miss Dot on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:30 am

6. Planned on a Bundt Cake too but just no time this week. Lord knows I’ve got enough Bundt Pans!

by Michelle on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:34 am

7. That bundt cake would definitely make me feel better about my failed macarons. It does look like the perfect fall dessert!

by Megan on Oct 28, 2009 at 4:32 pm

8. Oh, yummm! Sorry, just had to wipe a bit of drool off of the keyboard!

by RJ on Oct 28, 2009 at 8:31 pm

9. Great bundt cake! I love the spices you used!

by Karine on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:57 pm

10. This looks so yummy! I’m going to try your recipe this weekend.

by brandy on Oct 29, 2009 at 10:35 am

11. put an icecream cone upside down in the center hole (maybe lean it to the side), frost it green and you have a pumpkin cake

by Norm on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:34 pm

12. Absolutely DELICIOUS! I followed your recipe and made it but with mine I added warm custard and it was fabulous, you just can’t buy that kind of quality.

by Heather Sweetart on Nov 12, 2009 at 5:22 am