Pumpkin Bread

I absolutely must make pumpkin bread every year, and I finally got around to it last week as I was starting to get over my cold. I hadn’t baked in several days, so I was itching to get back into the kitchen, and this pumpkin bread was what I was craving. I’m sure that it made the house smell amazing while it was baking, although I couldn’t smell much at the time! After a few minutes on the cooling rack though and still fresh from the oven, I couldn’t wait any longer. I sliced into it, spread on some butter, and snapped a few photos before devouring it more quickly than I’d like to admit (feed a cold, starve a fever, right?). This bread is perfect anytime, but I love it for breakfast. Give it a try!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5x3″ loaf pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugars, and baking soda.

In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.

Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.

Bake 50 minutes to an hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool the loaf on a wire rack before serving.

Posted by on October 23, 2009.

Categories: breads & pastries

1. Wow looks super yum!!

by ABowlOfMush on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:50 am

2. Great looking bread. This is always one of my favorites.

by Margaret on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:55 am

3. looks delicious – I am so excited its pumpkin season! Love your photos too!

by Gaby on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:51 am

4. This looks really good. I have never made pumpkin bread, but I can see I may have to remedy that situation!

by Jane on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:14 pm

5. You’re killing me here! I NEED pumpkin! I do love this stuff.

by Small Town Runner Karen on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:20 pm

6. Popped in to say hello! This bread looks great!

by Blond Duck on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:29 pm

7. Gosh, I wish I had a piece of this…RIGHT NOW!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:29 pm

8. I just made my first pumpkin recipe of the year…Pumpkin Cupcakes and my house smells wonderful. So I’m with you on baking pumpkin bread!

by Michelle on Oct 24, 2009 at 1:00 am

9. I’ve never madepumpkin loaf before & this looks like a good beginning. How YUM!!

by deeba on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:21 am

10. I just made this over the weekend, and it is absolutely delicious, and made my house smell yummy! It was still moist days later as I sat at my desk at work trying to keep myself from eating the entire remaining bread…which didn’t work at all.

by Sarah on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:22 am