Green Onion Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

These biscuits are wonderful because they’re fluffy yet hearty, homemade yet quick to make, and very, very versatile – you can pretty much put anything in them that you want! Don’t like green onions? Try chives or rosemary. Want them for breakfast? Throw in some bacon and a little maple syrup. I love ’em because they’re a perfect companion to chili. But you can toss in whatever your heart desires – the possibilities are endless!

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Cut in the shortening with a couple of forks or a pastry blender.

In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil, and egg, whisking gently until well-combined.

Chop up the green onion and garlic.

In a large bowl, mix together the dry and wet ingredients.

Stir in the garlic, onion, and cheese.

Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin.

Bake about 20 minutes.

Serve ’em while they’re hot!

Posted by on October 14, 2009.

Tags: , , ,

Categories: breads & pastries

1. You are a woman after my own heart! Cheddar biscuit are one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures. I only make them occasionally because I can sit down and eat half a batch at once!

Lovely photos and recipe!

by Meg Kat on Oct 14, 2009 at 10:07 am

2. These look like nothing short of heaven. LOOK at that moist crumb. I want to make these to sop up Beef Bourguignon broth or beef stew.

by ToKissTheCook on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:40 am

3. What a great recipe! You’re right, these would go perfect with chili! Sounds like a perfect football party snack, too. I can’t wait to try these 🙂

by Miss Dot on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:48 am

4. Mmmm….biscuits!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:02 pm

5. Oh YUM. I MUST try these! Thank you for sharing!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Oct 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm

6. These look really yummy. You’ve reminded me to bake my favorite imitation “Red Lobster” garlic cheddar biscuits. I think I’ll give them a spin by combining your recipe into mine. Can’t wait to see the results!

by Jelli on Oct 15, 2009 at 5:35 pm

7. ok, so I made these last night for dinner…they were really good! I omitted the green onions (didn’t have any) and just used the cheese and garlic and they were gooooood! Next time I will add a bit more salt ~ I’m a salty girl 😉 ~ but my family devoured them! I bet you’re right, you could do just about anything with these guys! Thanks for the keeper!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Oct 16, 2009 at 1:31 pm

8. Sorry the pumpkin braid did not work out for you as expected. We encourage you, and our extended baking family out there, to call and problem solve whenever you have difficulty with one of our recipes. Our King Arthur Flour bakers hotline is 800-827-6836.

by Irene @ King Arthur Flour on Oct 22, 2009 at 3:14 pm