Pumpkin Blondies

A couple weeks ago I was craving brownies, but not the normal,ย chocolate kind. I wanted something a little different, so I decided I should make blondies instead. I’ve only made them once before using a recipe from a friend, and while they were very good, I wanted something a little more…seasonal. How about pumpkin blondies, I thought to myself. Perfect!

I know you’ve probably seen some version of these before, but I just couldn’t help contributing my own. I really enjoyed the coconut I added in to these bars; I think it pairs surprisingly well with the pumpkin. I actually had to send the rest of these to work with hubby because otherwise I would have eaten them all. He said they disappeared very quickly from the pan. These are a perfect treat for a cool, fall weekend!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 9″ baking pan. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla, and then mix in the pumpkin.

Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until well-combined. Stir in the chips and coconut using a spoon.

Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out (mostly) clean.

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting.

Posted by on October 9, 2009.

1. drooool! you are amazing! everything you make sounds perfect and is so pretty! ๐Ÿ™‚

by Tiffany on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:01 am

2. BLONDIES!!! Oh, how I love them. I’m always posting about them, haha ๐Ÿ˜€

by VeggieGirl on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:09 am

3. Pumpkin Blondies?! That is so perfect!

by Hannah on Oct 9, 2009 at 8:06 pm

4. Oh YUM those look INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

by Jen @ MaplenCornbread on Oct 9, 2009 at 8:37 pm

5. those look amazing. I can’t believe how many recipes you come up with! At this rate, you’ll have your own cookbook soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

by G. on Oct 10, 2009 at 9:47 am

6. Those pumpkin blondies look really good!

by Kevin on Oct 10, 2009 at 4:37 pm

7. I’ve been wanting to make something with pumpkin but keep forgetting to buy a can! White chocolate sounds like a great addition!

by Barbara Bakes on Oct 10, 2009 at 11:11 pm

8. Oh no, you didn’t! These are way to dangerous for my (ever expanding) waistline!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Oct 11, 2009 at 9:32 am

9. These look soooo good! I haven’t made anything with pumpkin yet…I’m thinking tonight is a good night for these!

by Amy (Sing For Your Supper) on Oct 11, 2009 at 6:47 pm

10. These look amazing. I love pumpkin, and I think these sound fantastic!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Oct 11, 2009 at 10:11 pm

11. I ended up making these, and they were a huge hit for my Thanksgiving! Thanks so much for the recipe ๐Ÿ™‚

by Illari on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:42 pm

12. These look great. Right now I’m debating if I want to stop at the store to buy white chocolate chips or not. That’s all that’s stopping me from making these as soon as possible. I wonder if you could use cinnamon chips…what do you think?

by megan on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm

13. Megan – I think cinnamon chips would be a great substitution!

by Tracy on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:19 pm

14. Hi. I saw this on FoodGawker and I decided to make them. I am deeply in love with Pumpkin Pie, but did not feel like eating pie. These are SOOOOOO good. Like better than pie good. Like soul mate good.

Sooo moist, so spicy (I did add a tiny bit more of the spices), so yummy. Mine also took about 50 minutes to finish baking, but it was worth the wait.

Thank you for such a delicious recipe.

by SarahP on Oct 24, 2009 at 6:11 pm

15. Wow… just… wow. I made these with some fresh pumpkin I had left over from making pies for Thanksgiving, and they are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!

by Naomi on Nov 29, 2010 at 3:27 am

16. What kinda of pumpkin?Fresh,pumpkin pie filling or canned pumpkin?
    Sounds deeeeeelicious!

by annie on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

17. Annie – I used canned pumpkin. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:36 am

18. I made these bars for a baked goods auction at my church. They brought in $45 dollars for a single batch. They are that good!

by dallimomma on Oct 20, 2012 at 11:56 am

19. Made these! Love the taste of all the spices and the texture was amazing. I eEnded up coooking them 15 minutes longer than the recipe stated.

by Angela Witk on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 am