Candy Corn Kiss Cookies

A couple days ago, I was at Target picking up some supplies when I just happened to notice these little gems sitting by the Halloween display: Hershey’s Candy Corn Kisses. Well, I couldn’t resist the cuteness, and I knew exactly what I was going to do with them when I got home – make “peanut butter” kiss cookies! Mine use SunButter of course, since I’m allergic to peanuts/nuts…but you can substitute peanut butter directly for the SunButter in the recipe.
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup creamy SunButter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp cardamom
  • Granulated sugar, for rolling in
  • 10 ounce bag of Hershey’s Candy Corn Kisses

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.

Beat in the SunButter and then the egg and vanilla.

Add in the dry ingredients half at at a time, mixing until well-combined.

Roll the dough into balls about 1″ thick. Roll them in the granulated sugar.

Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, and then let cool.

Top each cookie with a Hershey Candy Corn Kiss!

Note: As one of my awesome readers pointed out when I made flourless SunButter chocolate chip cookies, mixing the SunButter with baking soda/powder will gradually turn the inside of the cookies green as they cool. This is because sunflowers, like all plants, contain chlorogenic acid – but sunflowers also have it in their seeds. It is suggested to reduce the amount of baking soda/powder in the recipe or to add a bit of lemon juice to the batter in order to help better maintain the original color. In any case, the color doesn’t affect the taste, so no worries!

22 Responses to “Candy Corn Kiss Cookies”

1. 1 Michelle Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 9:42 am

Have not seen the big candy corn kisses before. Great idea for a cookie…love it!

2. 2 zerrin Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 10:07 am

I’m still experimenting on cookies. These cookies are adorable! I love the fractures on their texture. They make these look so cute. I live in Turkey, so don’t have those Candy Corn Kisses here, but they are just a perfect touch on the top. I must find something similar for the topping.

3. 3 Elle Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 11:05 am

What a great idea for the fall season! I haven’t seen candy corn kisses either! Anxious to go out and find them! Thanks for the post! ;)

4. 4 Heather Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 11:10 am

Ooh these are so cute Tracy! I’m not really a fan of candy corn myself – but these are too adorable to not make anyway, hehe.

5. 5 Bee Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 11:22 am

Interesting! Do the kisses taste like candy corn?

6. 6 bridget {bake at 350} Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 4:52 pm

How completely adorable!!!

7. 7 Meg Kat Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Beautiful photos and love the idea of cardamom in the cookie!

I just made a version earlier this week but turned it into a spiced “pumpkin blossom” cookie that tastes like pumpkin pie – http://imperrfections.blogspot.com/2009/09/pumpkin-blossom-cookies.html :)

8. 8 Woman with a Whisk Says:
    September 24th, 2009 at 9:29 pm

I’ve never seen these kisses before. They’re so cute! Can’t wait to pick some up to make these.

9. 9 shelly (cookies and cups) Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 7:32 am

I just love those candy corn kisses. I bought them last year, but didn’t end up baking with them…my little guys loved them! SO cute!

10. 10 Lynda Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 10:30 am

I always make these cookies at Christmas, but I love this version for fall. They are so cute!! Thanks for a fantastic idea :)

11. 11 Christine Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I just discovered your site several days ago and have been lurking, but just had to comment on these cookies! They look so festive and delicious–I’m definitely going to give them a try. Thankfully, no one in my family has nut allergies, so I’ll probably use peanut or almond butter. I can’t wait to taste them! :)

12. 12 Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I LOVE candy corn. I need to try some of those candy corn kisses. Love the cookies… what a great idea!

13. 13 The Purple Foodie Says:
    September 26th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I love your photos! So clean and pristine. I’d like to grab some of those candy corn kisses right now please!

14. 14 The Purple Foodie Says:
    September 26th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I’m watching Rachel Allen Bake and was instantly reminded if this giveaway!

15. 15 The Purple Foodie Says:
    September 26th, 2009 at 12:46 pm

whoops that wasn’t meant for here :P

16. 16 Wok Through the Fire Says:
    September 27th, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Oh I have to get some of these!! Thanks for letting everyone know about these cuties.

17. 17 pamela Says:
    October 3rd, 2009 at 12:15 am

This is one of the best ideas I have seen in a long time. So festive and fun! Thanks

18. 18 julie Says:
    October 11th, 2009 at 5:53 pm

WOW. These look adorable and so scrumptious. I’ve been browsing Foodgawker for some Halloween treat ideas and I think I’m going to have to make a couple of different ones. These included. Thanks for the idea ;)

19. 19 Joy Says:
    October 29th, 2009 at 3:32 am

Those are so adorable! I must scout for those kisses so I can make these. I hope they traveled across the border for us Canadians. lol.

20. 20 Beth Says:
    November 22nd, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Wanted to post that I made these today for my peanut allergic child, and I added 1 TSP of lemon juice and did not change the baking soda amount. The cookies did not develop a green color and the lemon juice certainly did not change the flavor. Delicious! Hope this helps!

21. 21 Lori M. Says:
    December 9th, 2009 at 4:12 pm

I just discovered your blog and this recipe. I can’t wait to try it. My son is allergic to peanuts and I’m always looking for something fun for him.

22. 22 traci Says:
    September 8th, 2012 at 10:29 am

These are so beautiful and perfect for this time of year