Sloppy Joes

I’ve been doing an awful lot of baking lately, which I don’t expect to stop anytime soon now that it’s fall, my favorite time to bake. But, I made these sloppy joes a few weeks back, and hubby and I both really enjoyed them so I wanted to share this quick and easy dinner (or lunch). Can you believe I’ve never eaten a sloppy joe before in my life? Me neither. It was delicious though, and a perfect weeknight meal. Here’s what you’ll need:

First, dice the onion, green onion, and green pepper into small chunks.

In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, green pepper, green onion, and garlic. When the meat is brown and the vegetables are tender, reduce the heat to low and drain.

Over the low heat, stir in the mustard, garlic powder, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes so that all the flavors meld together.

Serve on rolls. That’s all there is to it!

Posted by on September 18, 2009.

Tags:

Categories: dinner, lunch

1. The real question is…if you’d never had one before, how did you know what they are supposed to taste like?? Heehee. 🙂

They look great! I might add these to my meal planner.

by Bee on Sep 18, 2009 at 11:09 am

2. I LOVE Sloppy Joes! Growing up, I remember VIVIDLY eating three helpings at dinner. 🙂 (My mom warned me that someday my metabolism would slow down!)

Last time I tried to make homemade sloppy joes instead of using a sauce packet, they weren’t very good. I’ll have to use your recipe. Three helpings, here I come!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Sep 18, 2009 at 11:54 am

3. These look so yummy! We love Sloppy Joes at our house. In fact, we like anything with ground beef in it!

by Cookie on Sep 18, 2009 at 6:12 pm

4. Your Sloppy Joes sound very tasty… My mom used to make them all the time, but I rarely do. I’m not sure why! I think I might have to bring them back into the rotation!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Sep 18, 2009 at 8:47 pm

5. wow – I haven’t had these since I was a kid, and I might be trying your recipe soon! Sounds much more grown-up than a man-wich from a can.

by m on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:25 pm

6. I grew up on these!! A favorite of mine and I haven’t had them for years! I think it’s time to break out the frying pan and mix it up! Thanks for the reminder!! Chris Ann

by LoveFeast Table on Sep 21, 2009 at 3:51 pm

7. Hi Tracy, I cannot believe that you’ve never eaten a sloppy joe! That’s crazy. Glad you like them. My kiddos love them. I usually make them with ground turkey! This recipe looks good.

by G. on Sep 22, 2009 at 3:33 pm