Rosemary Tomato Artichoke Tart

After being up for a few hours last Saturday morning, I was becoming very ravenous. I was tired of the usual stuff for breakfast though; I wanted something different. Something refreshing. I had just bought some fresh rosemary from the grocery store, and I also had tomatoes. And artichokes. And mozzarella and feta cheese. I decided to do a little experimenting, and oh, man. Please, do yourself a favor and make this tomorrow for breakfast. Or tonight for dinner – I won’t tell anyone!

For the crust:

For the filling:

First, remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs. You’ll only need two or three. But aren’t they pretty all in a bunch?

Put the rosemary leaves and garlic into your food processor and chop. Add the flour and salt, and chop again to combine. Cut the butter into pieces and add it in. Pulse until the mixture consists of large crumbs.

Add in the water 1 Tbsp at a time and pulsing after each addition. After 4 Tbsp have been added, pulse to see if the mixture will form a ball. If not, add another Tbsp of water. Otherwise, remove the dough from the food processor.

Place the ball of dough in a small resealable bag and flatten it a bit. Refrigerate it for an hour. You can also freeze it at this point if you’d like.

Next, roll out the dough on a well-floured surface into a circle big enough for your tart pan. Press the dough into the tart pan and trim it to fit.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle the bottom of the tart shell with mozzarella and feta cheese. Sprinkle the artichokes over the cheese, and then set some of the tomato slices on top.

Add a second layer of the cheeses, artichokes, and tomatoes. Cover with mozzarella cheese.

Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes before slicing.

Posted by on August 5, 2009.

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: breakfast & brunch, lunch

1. OMG Tracy – this looks absolutely to die for! I love following your blog and I just HAD to comment on this… I can never get the motivation to make my own dough… but I just might have to for this. I’m in my cubicle eating hard boiled eggs and coffee – and I would trade breakfasts in a heart beat! 🙂 I’m a huge artichoke fan… and officially a Sugarcrafter fan. xo. cody

by Cody on Aug 5, 2009 at 10:30 am

2. Thank you!! 🙂 Definitely try this dough; it’s totally worth it and it doesn’t take long at all.

I love your site as well! Have you redesigned it recently? It looks great!

by Tracy on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:21 am

3. WOW. That tart sounds (and looks) phenomenal. LOVE the Rosemary in the tart dough… I definitely need to try that!

by Teanna on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:13 pm

4. Everything I love is thrown in there! Beautiful!

by Shelly (cookies and cups) on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:50 pm

5. This would satisfy any bodies hunger!! Looks incredible! Cannot wait to try it!

by Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer on Aug 5, 2009 at 5:19 pm

6. BOOKMARKED!!! Yes, I meant that to be in ALL CAPS!!! Oh, we are so having this for dinner next week!

by Bridget {Bake at 350} on Aug 5, 2009 at 6:04 pm

7. I love how you used the combination of feta and mozzarella! Perfect brunch recipe!

by Cookie on Aug 5, 2009 at 8:51 pm

8. Thanks all! I hope you enjoy it!

by Tracy on Aug 6, 2009 at 9:18 am

9. I am not a huge fan of tomatoes, but wow…this looks amazing! 🙂

by Jamie on Aug 6, 2009 at 10:52 am

10. That tomato tart looks really good. I like the sound of using herbs in the crust.

by Kevin on Aug 6, 2009 at 7:46 pm

11. Wow. This looks amazing! I’m not big on “normal” breakfast food….this is the stuff I really go for. Thanks for the post. I’ll be making this for a special Satruday morning treat soon!

Carli

by carli on Aug 7, 2009 at 6:24 pm

12. Tracy,

I just followed this recipe from Tasty Kitchen back to your site and thought it was funny that it was yours (I just made you Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake today. Yum!)

This recipe uses all of my favorite foods (well, except chocolate, but I guess I can do without it this time). I’m really looking forward to trying this recipe sometime soon.

BTW, I’m a technical writer, too. Small world.

Sandy

by Sandy on Aug 8, 2009 at 10:40 pm

13. This looks awesome. Artichoke in a tart, Mmmmmm! Good idea.

by Maggy on Apr 23, 2010 at 9:53 am

14. You don’t have to tell me twice!! I’ll be making this very soon! Maybe even this weekend. These are some of my favorite ingredients! Thanks for the recipe. I’m bookmarking now!

by LilSis on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:33 am

15. Oh my goodness…this looks delicious. It has all of my favorite flavors packed into one tart. I’m definitely going to try this recipe!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:26 pm

16. What a pretty photos and a tart that looks to die for! Herbs and veggies – such a fresh combination.

by Cookin' Canuck on Apr 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm

17. Oh boy, I think I could eat this whole tart is one sitting! Gorgeous!

by Jenny Flake on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:59 pm

18. OMG made this last night – soooo good! I don’t have a tart pan so used a shallow casserole dish and it worked great. I only used 1/4 teaspoon salt in the dough and since I only had romas used 4 of them and it was perfect! Thanks!

by jeanine on Apr 28, 2010 at 11:49 am

19. Gorgeous tart, I so need to try making this! Looks really delicious – great combination of flavors.

by sara on Dec 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm