Zucchini Bread

My absolute favorite quick bread is zucchini bread. It always has been, and I’m pretty sure it always will be. Even when I was little and didn’t care for most vegetables, I loved this bread. One of my aunts, who is no longer with us, used to make this all the time at holiday gatherings, and I always thought hers was the best. She made all kinds of treats, including no-egg chocolate cake, and everything I can remember eating was delicious. So, when I started making my own zucchini bread, of course I asked my mom for the recipe. Although I’ve added a couple spices and a sprinkling of brown sugar, the rest of the recipe remains intact, and it’s just as wonderful as I remember.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

In a small bowl, beat the eggs and oil.

Shred the zucchini…

…then, pour it into the flour mixture and give it a good stir.

Stir in the egg mixture.

Spoon into a greased loaf pan, and then sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake for about an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Posted by on July 25, 2009.

Categories: breads & pastries, breakfast & brunch

1. Gorgeous pictures as ALWAYS!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jul 27, 2009 at 9:02 am

2. Thanks Bridget! đŸ™‚

by Tracy on Jul 27, 2009 at 9:59 am

3. Your zucchini bread looks delicious! It looks like the zucchini bread I remember my mom making when I was a kid.

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:35 pm

4. Such pretty bread! Drooling over here!

by Jenny Flake on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:50 am

5. Zucchini Bread is one of my all time favorites! I love it for breakfast!

by LilSis on Apr 21, 2010 at 10:51 am

6. Oh my goodness…I love zucchini bread. I haven’t had it in such a long time. I now have a craving for it so I’ll have to bake it soon! What a great recipe!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Apr 21, 2010 at 11:16 am

7. This is very close to my mother-in-law’s version of zucchini bread, which is a family favorite. I grate and freeze plenty of zucchini in the summer so I have enough for plenty of loaves of this moist bread in the winter.

by Cookin' Canuck on Apr 21, 2010 at 7:02 pm

8. I love zucchini bread – and this looks beautiful! Can’t wait to try this one.

by Maggy on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm

9. I bet you could switch out the zucchini with banana, and make a banana bread with the same recipe! That’s what I do with my zucchini bread recipe sometimes anyways.

by Jen on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm

10. Hola hice tu receta de Oan de Calabacin realmente muy buena, porque ademas de deliciosa es facil de hacer…y si la dejas enfriar…estupenda, gracias por compartir tan buena receta

by Ana Savo on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:55 am