Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Last week, I finally used up all of the strawberries hubby and I got when we went strawberry picking. Since the strawberry sorbet went over so well, I decided to stick with the frozen dessert theme, so I made this basic, no-frills strawberry frozen yogurt. On a hot and humid day, it really hits the spot! Plus, you don’t need much at all to make it:

That’s it! Just purée the strawberries in your food processor, and then measure out the milk and sugar.

For the yogurt, I used plain old vanilla, but you can use whatever you like. For extra strawberry flavor, use strawberry yogurt. Or strawberry-banana. Or a cup of each. You can also go crazy and use something like key lime pie. If you do, let me know how it turns out – I’m curious!

Throw everything in your ice-cream maker for about 30 minutes. It’ll be pretty mushy when it comes out:

But after it firms up in the freezer for a couple hours, it’s perfect.

Posted by on July 16, 2009.

Tags:

1. You are strawberry queen!! Made some sweet strawberry cupcakes this week that I will post this weekend and thought of you and all you strawberries!!
    Looks great and sounds delicious…I love frozen yogurt!

by Shelly on Jul 16, 2009 at 6:04 pm

2. Another thing we should try. Seems easy and of course tasty.

by The Duo Dishes on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:32 pm

3. Look at that gorgeous shade of pink! Almost too pretty to eat!

by Michelle on Apr 19, 2010 at 9:52 am

4. Strawberry is one of my favorite flavors. This frozen yogurt looks so refreshing and perfect for the warm weather that is on its way!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Apr 19, 2010 at 11:54 am

5. What a beautiful color you achieved with this recipe. I’ll bet that it tastes as good as it looks.

by Cookin' Canuck on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:37 pm

6. Beautiful color – and a great idea, refreshing and delicious on a hot summer’s day 🙂

by maggy on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:48 am