Slow-cooker Pizza

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home issue chock full of slow-cooker recipes, and it surprised me in a very good way.  The pepperoni in this dish really pulls everything together! I thought it was great, and hubby LOVED it.  It’s also quicker than a normal slow-cooker meal, since it’s basically already cooked before you put it in the crockpot – it just goes in to melt the cheeses and to let all of the lovely flavors meld together. Plus, there’s the added bonus of lots of leftovers!

Adapted from here.

Servings: 6-8

• 1 package (12 oz) wide egg noodles
  • 1.5 pounds ground beef or turkey
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
  • 1 jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
  • 2 cups (12 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 cups (12 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.

Coat crockpot with cooking spray. Spread a third of the meat sauce in the bottom. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and the cheeses melt.

4 Responses to “Slow-cooker Pizza”

1. 1 Kay Says:
    June 5th, 2011 at 8:23 am

This looks delicious! I was wondering what spaghetti sauce you would recommend using for this recipe?

2. 2 Tracy Says:
    June 6th, 2011 at 1:27 am

I usually use a tomato-basil sauce, but you can always get a plain sauce and season it with whatever you like best. Enjoy!

3. 3 Slow Cooker Pizza {Taste of Home} Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:01 am

[...] Pizza {Taste of Home}by Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom on February 23, 2012ShareTweet/**/ Photo Credit: Sugar CrafterI think we’ll have this next Friday night, in place of our regular pizza…Slow Cooker [...]

4. 4 ShannonT Says:
    March 16th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

HI, I just made this we will see how it turns out… I didnt use mushroom cause yuck, and I didnt layer cause I actually forgot to, opps… It looks awful cheesy though! and I made spagetti a few nights ago and I am reusing the rest of my spagetti sauce instead of using jar sauce..! Thanks for the recipe!!